Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr
Milk: 2 lts
Lemon Juice: 3 tbsps
Sugar: 500 gms
Water: 1 lt
Rose Water: 2 tbsps
- Take the milk, in a thick bottomed pan, and allow it come to boil.
- When it starts boiling, reduce the flame to low, add the lemon juice, and keep stirring, until the milk curdles completely.
- Drain it into muslin cloth and wash the cottage cheese well, under running water.
- Drain every bit of water from the cottage cheese.
- In a big vessel knead the cottage cheese, so that it becomes very soft, and feels light.
- Make small round pellets of cottage cheese, and ensure that they have a very smooth surface. (The pellets should not be bigger than the size of pea-nuts)
- Take 250ml of water in a wide mouthed pan and add the sugar, to make sugar syrup.
- Add the rose water to the sugar syrup.
- The syrup should be of a thread consistency. Smear the syrup on your thumb and press with forefinger, when you pull slowly you should see a thread.
- Add the pellets in the sugar syrup, and let it cook on low flame, until it swells to twice or more than its size.